Pretty good afternoon back at Halfmoon Creek

Headed back up to Halfmoon Creek for the third week in a row with the plan of fishing the creek the first day and finishing off the trip fishing the Arkansas River.  Per my normal routine I arrive at the creek and set up camp before getting to the water around 3pm.


I get to the creek and decide to hit the ponds just to the side first to see what I can get.  First cast in and I land a nice 10" brookie to start the day off.  I work my way to a couple different spots on the pond and catch a couple more before I see a number of fish feeding on the far side of the pond and work myself over to it.  Changing flies a couple times while casting to this same area, I manage to land four more little brookies before I head back to the creek.
The rest of the day I spend working downstream catching a fish here and there before working myself back to camp.  I finish the day around 8pm with plenty of fish landed on both the creek and the pond before making back to camp.  The fly of the day turned out to be a big Green Drake which they could not resist.

Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Furled 12'
Fly that Worked:  Green Drake

Comments

Popular Posts