Boulder Creek

I don't normally like to fish on Saturday's because of the crowds but I decided to try Boulder Creek.  I had checked the flows earlier and the report said it was not in run off mode yet.  I end up fishing a section of river around Boulder Falls, starting below and finishing above.  I run this twice, once before lunch and once after, getting eleven fish for the day.  The nice thing was that I caught them all on the Amy's Ant and had enough action that I didn't have to switch off it.  The water got busy by the late afternoon so called it early and headed home.  Good day on the water!
 
 
 

Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Tenkara Pyrenees Woven 12'
Fly That Worked:  Amy's Ant

Comments

  1. That's great. I'm going to have to get up there. I haven't tried Boulder Creek in a while but I work in town so I could theoretically go on work days. Do you know if there are any fish downstream, in the part that runs through town?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. There are definitely fish in town. Try behind the library and walk downstream along the bike path. Look at Rocky Mountain Anglers website for fishing reports(their shop is in Boulder).

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts