Eleven Mile Canyon

Took a Monday off and went fishing in Eleven Mile Canyon.  The flows have been steady around 75cfs for a month and had a beautiful day to fish.  With the water low and clear I hoped to have a good dry fly day.  I tie on a green Amy's Ant and start fishing.  I get nothing at first and decide to double dry it with a black caddis on the back.  First fish takes the Ant but the second fish takes the caddis.  I keep both on until the next two fish hit the Amy's Ant.  I pull off the second fly and fish the Amy's Ant the rest of the day.  I end up catching thirteen with three around 15" and the rest around 12".  Plenty of action besides what was caught and got to see some ducks, geese, hawks, blue heron and some deer.  Good day off!

 
 

Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Tenkara Pyrenees Woven 12'
Fly That Worked:  Amy's Ant

Comments

Popular Posts