Eleven Mile Canyon

Headed back to Eleven Mile Canyon as it is one of the few spots not in run off mode.  I fished the same two spots I fished the last time I was here by myself.  The first spot was slow to start and just couldn't find something the fish would take.  I finally decide to throw a double rig of green Amy's Ant to a red Amy's Ant.  That was the ticket!  I start hooking into fish on both the red and green patterns catching five before heading to the second spot.  This spot was great to me down low the last time but this time all my fish came up higher in the area.  I catch six more before calling it a day and finishing with some picture taking.  Great day in the canyon.

 

Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Tenkara Pyrenees Woven 12'
Fly that Worked:  Amy's Ant

Comments

Popular Posts