Beautiful Day on Clear Creek

Another beautiful day in Colorado, so I decided to head up to Clear Creek to try my luck on some dry fly action.  I started the day just above tunnel 1 at a pullout and tied on a Amy's Ant followed up with a PMX.  i walk downstream a ways then start working my way back up to the car.  I cast through a few plunge pools with no luck and then hit some slack water behind a huge boulder.  After letting the fly just sit there A little Rainbow comes up and hits it for my first fish of the day.  I continue working upstream catching a few more little browns before I pick up and head upstream to a new pullout.


I move just a couple pullouts upstream and start the process again.  The day is going exactly how it started, picking fish off in the slack water on the deadest of drifts.  I manage to catch a couple more Rainbows and few more Browns over the next couple hours, all on dries( half on PMX-half on Amy's Ant).  As the sun went behind the canyon walls I decided to call it a day and head home.

Another great fall day of fishing on dries!

Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Riggs Floating Line 12'
Flies that Worked:  Amy's Ant(red), PMX(red)

Comments

Popular Posts