Chilly day on Boulder Creek

Woke up late today and decided to head up to Boulder Creek for the afternoon.  Had a nice sunny day but temp was around 50 and a pretty good little breeze to make it nippy.  I start the day around 1pm at a pullout upstream from the falls with no luck after about a half hour and a couple dozen holes of fishing, so I move upstream to a new spot.


As before it is just a random pullout but looks like it has a pretty good stretch of water.  At this point I have tied on a parachute adams and a tiny bwo.  After a couple of holes I finally get a fish to take the bwo and land my first brown of the day.  I spend the rest of the day fishing this stretch of water getting plenty of action.  For whatever reason I hooked twice as many fish as I landed today, but made for active day of fishing.  After catching half a dozen fish or so I decide to call it a day around 5pm with the wind picking up and the sun going behind the canyon walls.

A good day of fishing before the next cold spell tomorrow.

Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Riggs floating line 12'
Flies that worked:  BWO, Amano Kebari


Comments

Popular Posts