Cold day on Clear Creek

Got to the creek around 1:30pm with the sun still shining but the temperature in the low 50's.  I start at a section near one of the first pullouts before the first tunnel to try something new.  After tying on a PMX and a Crippled Adams I start casting through the pools on the edges.  I get a couple sips but no takes after working upstream a ways and decide to try a different section.

I drive up to the first tunnel and don't see any cars so I stop and try my luck.  As I walk up to the stream I notice a nice near side pool that I am sure holds a fish.  I cast out and let the flies drift slowly when I get a little brown to take the PMX.  Instantly feeling better about fishing with dries I continue a little ways downstream hitting a few more pools and catching a few more browns.

I work my way upstream hitting a few deeper runs and pools with no luck and decide to stick to the skinny slack water on the sides.  Over the next couple hours I manage to catch a half dozen or so browns with the biggest being around 12" all  but two on the PMX( parachute adams for the other two).  With the clouds coming over and a little storm coming through, the weather turned a little cold, so I decided to call it a day and head back to the car.

A pretty good day of fishing on dries considering how cold it has been the last couple of days.

Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Riggs Floating Line 12'
Flies that worked:  PMX, Parachute Adams

Comments

Popular Posts