3 Spots on Clear Creek

Spot number one on Clear Creek is and old favorite.  I get there and the sun is out but it is a little windy.  I catch a little brown on the edge to start the day and work my way upstream.  I miss the big rainbow and another big brown that only sniff the amy's ant but manage to catch eight fish before I move to the next spot.

Second area is a new stretch for me but a spot I have been meaning to try for ever.  I get to the water and see 5 different great looking holes right off the bat.  Sadly I don't catch anything in any one of them.  I work a ways upstream but only manage one bite and no fish before I head to spot #3.
Three's a charm!  Third spot and I am back into fish and catching them in almost every side pool area I come across.  I fish here for a little over an hour and catch another six fish with a bunch of missed hits and sniffs.  Another great day on the water!

Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Tenkara Pyrenees Woven 12'
Fly That Worked:  Amy's Ant

Comments

  1. Alright Kevin, this post has caused me to tie up some Amy's Ant to try once and for all. I'll let you know how successful I am.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts