600th day of fishing

Headed up to Clear Creek again for day number 600.  It's been a little over 7 years since I started and can't hardly believe the improvement I have made.  A creek that used to give me fits, is now my go to creek.  I started at my favorite spot and picked up four pretty quickly but couldn't get the big rainbow to bite today.  I work upstream for a couple hours and manage to get two rainbows and fourteen browns before I stop.  Crazy day of weather with the winds blowing and the sun shining on and off mixed with a little blowing snow.  Pretty good day 600!

Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Tenkara Pyrenees Woven 12'
Fly that worked:  Amy's Ant

Comments

  1. Congratulations! What a great accomplishment, and thanks for sharing it with us every step of the way. Whenever anyone asks me why I 'settle' for tenkara, I point them to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That is nice of you to say.(got out today and caught 15 in three hours)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts