Grand Slam!

Headed up to Clear Creek for the day since the weather was supposed to be nice.  I start at my favorite spot and work upstream.  I catch a fish on my forth cast and never look back.  My first fish is a little brown, my second fish is a little cutthroat, and my third fish is a big 15" rainbow.  Could not have had a better start to the day!  I continue fishing and fish number ten is a brookie to complete the slam.  I catch four more at the first spot before picking up and heading to the same spot I fished the last couple times.  Just like the first spot, I am into fish in almost every hole.  I work upstream for an hour or so and manage to pick up sixteen more before even getting to the top of the area.  I call it with thirty fish, in four hours of fishing.  Great day!

Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Tenkara Pyrenees Woven 12'
Fly that Worked:  Amy's Ant

Comments

  1. That's pretty impressive Kevin! I've never seen a cutthroat anywhere on Clear Creek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful rainbow! 15+ inch bows are common in the stocked waters of Missouri, but I haven't caught any that size fishing mountain streams (although a rarely make it to higher elevation lakes where I hear they can get pretty big).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was unusual on this creek, but I'll take it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts