Clear Creek

Had a beautiful day to fish so I headed up to Clear Creek to try my luck.  Since the canyon is closed Monday thru Thursday, I decide to try fishing in the canyon on a Friday.  I go to a spot I've fished before and start working upstream.  It seems like the fishing is slow but after a hour I have eight fish in and a few more hits and misses.  I move to a new area hoping the good fishing continues.  Sure enough I get a fish in the second spot I try.  I work upstream for a couple hours catching 13 more fish before taking a little break before I move to the next spot.  I drive up to bakersville just to see what the creek looks like.  Sadly the water is really stained with snow on the banks and no fish to be seen.  I drive downstream to finish at a spot I know well.  I manage to get two more but the fishing seemed to die out, so I call it a day.  Great day on the water!
 

Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Tenkara Pyrenees Woven 12'
Fly that Worked:  Amy's Ant, BWO

Comments

  1. Okay my friend I've tied up some Amy's Ants. Now if I can drag my butt up there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fished the Poudre today with a green Amy's Ant and caught over twenty in three hours! The water was stained(doubled volume in last two days). Clear Creek was stained too(gauge just keeps going up).

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts