Slow day in Rocky Mountain N.P.

Headed up to Rocky Mountain N.P. with Mark today hoping the fishing would be on.  We start our day on Cub Creek after a ranger stops us at the parking lot a tells us he just opened the road to the parking lot along side it.  The creek is skinny but gin clear and the wind decided to kick up a notch as we started fishing.  Mark ends up catching a little one on the creek but I had no luck.  With the winds still blowing pretty good we decide to pick up and try Glacier Creek hoping the trees will cut the wind down.

We get to Glacier Creek and start working our way downstream.  After a number of pools and runs with no action I finally get a little brown to take the egg and have my first fish of the day.  I continue downstream and come to a nice big pool where I can see the fish feeding on the surface.  I decide to tie on a sprout midge and try my luck with the dries.  After a few casts I have my second fish of the day.  I meet up with Mark only to find out he has not had any luck.  I cast back through the pool a few more times and manage to get one more fish before we pack up to try another spot.

We drive back to Moraine park to give it a shot since the winds had died down.  After a half hour of working our way upstream with no action for either of us we decide to call it a day and head back to the car.

Slow day of fishing but still a great day in Rocky Mountain N.P. with a good friend.

Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Riggs Floating Line 12'
Flies that worked:  Egg, Sprout Midge

Comments

Popular Posts