Day 1 Halfmoon Creek

Decided to head up to Halfmoon Creek for a couple days after looking at the flows and weather.  I get to the creek around 2pm after the drive and setting up camp.  I decide to work downstream towards the meadow and stay fairly close to camp as the weather looks like it might get nasty. 
I casts through a number of holes and get no action at all.  Even more disappointing is the fact that I did not see a fish or spook a fish out of any of the spots.  I keep working downstream until I get to the ponds and decide to give them a try.
Best decision I made all trip.  First cast in and I get a little brookie to take the Extended Body BWO.  I work myself around the ponds a couple of times and before I know it I have landed about twenty brook trout.  This has taken about 4 hours and the clouds have grown darker during this time so I call it a day around 7pm and head back to camp.
Not the day I had hoped for but nice to catch a bunch of brookies for my first day back to this creek this year.
Rod:  Iwana 12'
Line:  Furled 12'
Fly That Worked:  Extended Body BWO

Comments

Popular Posts