Day 2 Halfmoon Creek

For day 2 I decide to head to the ponds first and get a few fish under my belt before trying the creek again.  Just as before I hook into a brookie on the first cast.  This time it took a little twitching to get the strike but the fish killed it when it went for it.  I work myself aound the ponds and manage to catch five before heading to the creek.
I decide to fish the meadow section below the ponds and start casting to the edges and slack water spots.  Once again I am getting no action at all until I finally hit a spot where I get a couple of fish to flash for the fly but don't take it.  I keep working downstream and finally get a fish to take my fly.  I fish the creek for a little while more with no action to speak of before calling it a day as the winds had picked up and the clouds moved in.
I pack up camp just before the rains hit and head back home after a couple of pretty good days below Mount Elbert and Massive.
Rod:  Iwana 12'
Line:  Furled 12'
Fly that Worked:  Extended Body BWO

Comments

Popular Posts