A good day on Bear Creek

I got up to Bear Creek around 11am and started at the normal spot.  The creek was a little stained but the weather was great.  Just as I begin to fish, Ernie Long comes up and introduces himself.  We talk for a little bit then split up to do some fishing.


I fish downstream from the starting point trying a few different patterns with no luck.  I finally get a little brown on a green drake, followed by a couple more as I move downstream.  I fish for a while with no action and switch up to a orange caddis.  Two fish later, my choice in flies is confirmed.  I start walking back upstream and meet up with Ernie again.

After taking a little break we head upstream to do some more fishing.  We jump holes before I walk a ways upstream and see Ernie for the last time.  Having sporadic action over the next few hours yields three more fish on the caddis.  With the action slowing down I call it a day and head back to the car.

Rod:  Wakata 9' 5/5
Line:  Hi-Vis Level Line 10' #3
Flies that worked:  Green Drake, Orange Caddis

Comments

Popular Posts