Day one on Halfmoon Creek

I get up the creek around 1:30pm and start fishing my way downstream through the meadow.  This is a section I have fished before with great success and once again have the creek to myself.  It takes a few minutes and a couple different spots, but I land a little brookie to start the day.


As I move downstream I am not getting as much action as I expected.  I switch up flies fairly often trying to find a pattern they will take and settle on two different patterns for most of the day.  I have my best luck with a big pmd but switch it up with a green drake.

The goal of the day was to catch the slam but the cutthroats evaded me.  I end up catching the other three in good numbers but end with a triple by the end of the day.  I call it quits around 7pm and head back to camp.

Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Riggs Floating Line 12'
Flies that worked:  PMD, Green Drake

Comments

Popular Posts