Day two on Halfmoon Creek

I wake up to rain and hope it will move on so I can get some fishing in.  I head into Leadville to the fly shop and pickup a few more PMD's and Green Drakes for the day while I wait for the rain to stop.  The weather breaks around noon and I head to the creek.
I start a little lower down on the creek and fish my way up.  I tie on a pmd and start casting through the pools and slack water.  It doesn't take long before I have landed a little rainbow to get the day going.  Over the next couple hours I catch a dozen fish or so but only rainbows, browns, and brookies.  Once again the cutthroats were not to be had.

The lightning and rain come back around 2pm and I decide to call it a day and head back to the car.  I wait for about an hour but the rain just gets harder and I decide to head home.

Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Riggs Floating Line 12'
Flies that Worked:  PMD, Green Drake

Comments

Popular Posts