Grand Slam on Boulder Creek


Headed to upper Boulder Creek to see if I could catch a grayling.  I get to the creek around 11am with the thunder clouds building.  I tie on a green drake to start the day and get a little brookie almost immediately.  I work my way upstream catching a couple more brookies before landing a couple of rainbows.  I switch between the caddis and drake for the next hour or so catching numerous fish.  Having caught my share of fish I focus on trying to catch a grayling   With my normal luck the lightning starts up and rain kicks in.  I head back to the car and drive downstream.

I head downstream a ways and find a pullout to try my luck.  I end up catching a couple of browns and a cutthroat to finish off the grand slam for the day before the rain and lightning come back.  I head a little further downstream and try another pullout before the rain comes.  I only get to fish for about an hour before the weather turns, but managed to catch a few browns.  I call it a day with my first grand slam in the books!



Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Riggs Floating Line 12'
Flies that worked:  Caddis, Green Drake,

Comments

Popular Posts