Another one fish day

Spent a few hours on Clear Creek today before the rains came in.  I drove up by Empire to start but the water was chocolate so I headed downstream a ways until the water clarity cleared up.  I find a section to fish and tie on a Red Quill to start the day. 

I walk downstream and start fishing my way back up.  I cast through a number of pools with no luck and start changing up flies to see what will work.  After a good hour or so I finally land a little brown to start me off.  I keep working upstream and get a few more bites but can't seem to land another fish.  The rain starts up after a few hours of fishing and I decide to call an end to my tough day of fishing.

A nice day in the mountains even with the slow fishing.

Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Riggs Floating Line 12'
Fly that worked:  Red Quill

Comments

Popular Posts