Another try on Clear Creek

Went up by Empire to fish Clear Creek again on a beautiful day.  I got up to the creek around 11am and start at the bottom of the section and work my way up.  I tie on a big green drake with some very realistic wings to start the day.
 
I cast to a couple of far side pools and see a fish go for the fly just as it was being stripped away by the current.  The fish is spooked and I move up to the next pool just below some riffles.  I cast into the rocks above the pool and let it drift into the pool.  Bam! First brown of the day killed it.  I continue working the edges all the way up catching a bunch of 8" or 9" brown trout. 

I fish through the section a couple times over the coarse of five hours using only a couple patterns.  If the green drake only got the fish to sniff it I would try a black caddis which seemed to work every so often.  I call it a day around 4pm and head home with another great day of fishing complete.

Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Riggs Floating Line 12'
Flies that worked:  Green Drake, Black Caddis

Comments

Popular Posts