One fish day

Headed up to Bear Creek today with Mark to see how the creek was fishing after the flash flood a few days ago.  We got to the creek around 10:30am and started a little below the parking lot.  As we are walking we notice how much the creek has changed since the water rose to just short of 400cfs for a few hours last week.

Mark ties on a green amy's ant while I start with a para-hopper.  Couple casts in and Mark has landed a fish while I am still walking downstream to give him a little space to fish.  We spend the next couple of hours practicing our casting before we decide to head upstream and see if we will have better luck above the parking lot.

I tie on a green drake followed by a mosquito and end up landing a 8" brown in a little pool behind a rock on the mosquito.  I cast through a few more pools and end up hooking a couple more that come off a few seconds into the fight.  Continuing to fish upstream, I get little to no action over the next hour or so.  I find Mark who has been having the same luck as me and we decide to call it a day with one fish each.

Tough day of fishing but we did have the water to ourselves and some beautiful(maybe a little hot) weather.

Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Riggs Floating Line 12'
Flies that worked:  Green Amy's Ant, Mosquito

Comments

Popular Posts