A few Hours on Calf Creek, Utah

I drive down to Calf Creek and set up at the lower falls campground.  After getting settled I get the rod out and head to the creek.  I tie on a Royal Wulff size 18 and start casting to a little pool just down from the campsite.  I get a surface strike but it doesn't take it and then gets spooked out of the hole. I cast into the pool just upstream and have hooked my first brown of the day. 




I decide to walk downstream a little and find a nice big pool that I can see is loaded with fish.  Second cast out and I have landed another brown trout.  I fish this same pool and pull out another half dozen fish before moving on.

I work another couple pools pulling out another dozen brown trout before I decide to call it a day and head back to camp.  A fantastic few hours of fishing at the end of the day.

Rod:  Iwana 12'
Line:  Riggs Floating Line 12'
Fly that worked:  Royal Wulff

Comments

Popular Posts