Bear Creek Afternoon

Mark and I headed up to Bear Creek around 3pm to try our luck on a busy Memorial day weekend.  With the parking lot full and quite a few fisherman out, not to mention all the kids playing in the water, we had our work cut out.


Mark tries his normal nymph rig while I start with a Yellow Humpy.  I get to a pool I figure no one has fished and cast into it.  First cast and I have landed a little 7" brown to start the day.  I try a few more pools twitching the fly and picking off a couple more fish along the way.  I walk downstream and find Mark at the beaver pond.  With the fishing slowing down I decide to tie on a black beauty below the Humpy.  I cast at the far end of the pond and manage to catch three more little ones on the black beauty and one more on the humpy.  We move further downstream with mark catching a few more before we decide to call it a day around 6pm.

Another good day on the water with Mark.

Rod:  Wakata 9' 6/4
Line:  Hi-Vis Level Line 10' #3
Flies that worked:  Red San Juan Worm, Black Beauty, Yellow Humpy

Comments

Popular Posts