Couple hours on Bear Creek

Decided to head up to Bear Creek on Friday hoping to miss the zoo of the weekend.  Thankfully there were no where near the amount of kids playing in the water but to my surprise there must have been 20 plus other anglers just above the parking lot not to mention the ones below the parking lot.
That being said I head to a stretch of water that does not get fished a lot.  As I work my way upstream I am not having the success I thought I might, but I am sure it's due to the fishing pressure of the day.  I end up catching four fish over the next couple of hours before calling it a day.
I don't think I have ever seen so many other fisherman on Bear Creek during the week.  Probably should have expected this with it being one of the few places still fishing good while runoff is happening.

Rod:  Wakata 9' 5/5
Line:  Hi-Vis Level Line 10' #3
Fly that worked:  Crippled Adams

Comments

Popular Posts