Goose Creek day two

After a great nights sleep camping in the wilderness, I'm ready for a great day of fishing in one of my favorite areas.  Easing into the day I start fishing around 9am heading upstream to a pinch point in the creek.  With all my success yesterday I was anticipating a fantastic day ahead.

Casting into the first pool, where I have caught fish before, I surprisingly get no action.  I keep casting and switch up patterns a couple times but still nothing.  I move downstream a little but have the same results.  This continues all the way down to the campsite.  It takes me an hour or so to fish that stretch when right around the campsite I finally get a little tiny brookie. 

Over the next couple of hours the fishing remains slow but I manage to catch a half dozen or so.  It's around noon and the day has really warmed up.  After a break I start working my way downstream again.  This time it seems the fish have decided it's feeding time and almost every cast is getting bit or some kind of response.  Around 2pm I turn around and start fishing my way back up to camp.  By 3pm I am at the campsite with to many fish caught to count. 

With the afternoon thunderstorms looming and campers setting up next to me I decide to call it for the camping and pack up.  A spectacular couple days of fishing with no one else on the water in one beautiful canyon.

Rod:  Wakata 9' 5/5
Line:  Hi-Vis Level Line 10' #3
Flies that worked:  After noon almost everything I tried

Comments

Popular Posts