Half day on Bear Creek

Headed up to Bear Creek around 11am to see if I could catch a few fish.  Ended up being a brilliant day with partly cloudy skies and only a little breeze.  I start the day at a different spot and work my way downstream.


I start with a crippled adams again and almost immediately get a couple fish moving for the fly but not taking it.  With a few casts and a little twitching I finally get the fish to take the fly and land a nice 11" brown to start the day.  This turns out to be how the day went for the most part.  I probably get three times as much action as I do fish over the next four hours.

With a half dozen brown trout caught for the day I decide to call it around 3pm and head back to the car with another good fishing day in the books.

Rod:  Wakata 9' 5/5
Line:  Hi-Vis Level Line #3
Fly that Worked:  Crippled Adams, Extended Body BWO, Royal Coachman

Comments

Popular Posts