Fantastic day on Bear Creek

With Bear Creek being one of the few fishable creeks I headed up to Lair o' the Bear park for a day of fishing.  The weather was perfect and only a few other fisherman on the water.  I get to the park around 10am and head upstream from the parking lot.

I start fishing a yellow humpy and almost immediately get a bite from a little brown trout to start the day.  I continue upstream hitting any little slack water I can find and pulling brown trout out one after another.  By now my fly is destroyed and I don't have another.  I switch up to a crippled adams and continue upstream.

I thought the yellow humpy was the pattern but I was wrong, it was the crippled adams!  Doubling the success of the previous fly, I was now on to a fish in almost every hole.  I work my way up close to the second bridge with what must be over twenty fish caught and another half dozen hooked but not landed, before I head downstream to try some different water.



Picking up fish as I go, I end up at the beaver pond around 7pm and decide to try the back end of the ponds.  I finish the day off right landing three 12" browns in about ten minutes before calling it a fantastic but long day on the river.   One of the best fishing days I have had on Bear Creek!

Rod:  Wakata 9' 6/4
Line:  Hi-Vis Level Line 10' #3
Flies that worked:  Yellow Humpy and CRIPPLED ADAMS

Comments

Popular Posts