Fishing the Bear Creek Zoo

Got off work and headed up to the the creek today around 2pm.  I get to Lair O' the Bear and the parking lot is overflowing with cars on a 90 degree day with almost no wind.  I walk to the river only to find kids and people all over the water.


I finally find a section of water to fish above the bridge where the trail leads away from the water.  This kept all the families having picnics on the water away and only left other fisherman to deal with.  I start with the crippled adams and I'm into fish almost immediately.  Working the slack water on the edges again I manage to catch a dozen fish by the time I get to the upper bridge. 

It is around 5:30pm and I decide to head downstream stopping at a couple spots and catching a couple more fish.  I then run across someone fishing upstream and decide to call it a day and head back to the car.  I walk the river only to find almost every one of my favorite holes to have children playing in the water.  Just confirming the decision to leave was correct.

Despite all the people I ended up having a great day of fishing to wipe the previous two days stank off me!

Rod:  Wakata 9' 6/4
Line:  Hi-Vis Level Line 10' #3
Fly that worked:  Crippled Adams

Comments

Popular Posts