Late afternoon on Goose Creek

Did a one nite camping trip in Lost Creek Wilderness with two days of fishing in mind.  After setting up camp around 2:45pm I am ready to fish by 3:00pm and head to the creek.  3:01pm I have my first little brookie of the day.  3:02pm I have my second little brookie of the day.  After catching two in two casts right below the campsite I was feeling pretty confident that I made the right decision to come here.


I work my way downstream over the next four hours catching a little brookie in almost every hole I tried.  I started with a crippled adams but had to keep changing up flies because the brookies were destroying my flies left and right.

Around 7pm I decide to head back upstream and finish the day at the ponds.  I cast out to where I can see fish feeding on the surface and start catching a fish every third cast or so for the next half hour.  I call it a day around 7:30pm with what must be over fifty fish for the afternoon.

Had a fantastic afternoon with brilliant weather and the creek to myself.  Plus the fishing was great!

Rod:  Wakata 9' 5/5
Line:  Hi-Vis Level Line 10' #3
Flies that worked:  Amano Kebari, royal wulff, royal coachman, yellow humpy, Really Anything,

Comments

Popular Posts