Day 117

Today was the first day of a six day camping trip in the Wind River range and I arrived late in the day.  After hiking in about a half mile I set up camp near the Big Sandy River I had about an hour to fish before dark.  The area I was in, was a meandering stream through a meadow with the water low and the fish spooky.



I start walking along the River and catch a little brookie on the downside of some riffles to start the day off right.  As I walk further downstream along the bank I can see fish scattering so I try to find some areas to fish on the far side of the river where the fish aren't spooked by me.  I find a couple little pools and runs to fish and pull out a couple more brookies before I find a nice big pool below a little cascade of water.  Over the next half hour or so I catch another dozen fish before it dark and I call it a day.  Had a great first hour of fishing to start the trip off right!

Rod:  Iwana 12'
Line:  Hi-Vis Level Line 10' #3
Fly that Worked:  Royal Coachman #18

Comments

Popular Posts