Day 122

Went up to Clear Creek today to do a little afternoon fishing on a beautiful day. I tried a couple of new spots to start the day off.  I try a few different pools before I finally get a fish and that continued to be the case for the next couple of hours.  I have caught five fish when I decide to try a old spot I've fished a number of times. 


I try a big pool below some riffles to start but get no action at all so I move downstream a little and see a fish come up and sniff the fly but not take it.  I decide to leave the fly on and move upstream to fish a little faster moving section to give the fish less time to see the details of the fly.  I cast out through a near side run and get a couple bites but can't set the hook.  I move on and cast to the next run over and same thing, action but no fish.  I move on again and fish to the far run when I confirm third times a charm, because I finally land a fish.
It's late and I call it day with six fish for the day and a nice peaceful day of fishing in the books.      

Rod:  Iwana 12'
Line:  Hi-Vis Level Line 12' #3
Fly that worked:  Royal Coachman #16, Tan Para-Hopper

Comments

Popular Posts