Day 128

Spent the day on Boulder Creek today just past mm 35 again to see if I could have another good day of fishing.  I got up there around 12:30pm with clear skies and a pretty good breeze going.  I tie on a tan hopper to start the day, as that's what was working last time.  I walk to the bottom of the cascades and work my way up.

First couple pools I get no action but then I find a fish ready to eat my fly.  To bad the hook did not set when I saw it eat it.  I move on and catch a little brown in the next pool on a dead drift.  These two events happen over and over as I work my way upstream over the coarse of the day.  By the end of the day I have caught six and hooked another eight fish over the coarse of four hours.  Overall a pretty good day on the water and a great day to be out in the mountains.

Rod:  Iwana 12'
Line:  Hi-Vis Level Line 12' #3
Fly that worked:  Tan Para-Hopper

Comments

Popular Posts