Day 130

Got out to Bear Creek today around 2:00pm with the clouds covering the sky and the temperature dropping with a cold front moving in.  I started below the parking lot and worked my upstream.  I try a couple spots I don't normally hit and manage to pull out a couple of fish in the first ten minutes.  I move up to a bigger pool and to my surprise, have no luck. I try the spot next to the big log and manage to catch another little brown trout.  I keep moving upstream fishing new holes with fantastic success, catching a fish at almost every stop.  It has been a couple hours and I have caught seven little browns for the day and hooked another four and the rain has started up by this point so I call It a day and head back to the car.

Rod:  Wakata 9' 6/4
Line:  Hi-Vis Level Line 10' #3
Fly that Worked:  Royal Wulff #18(Self Tied)

Comments

Popular Posts