Day 125

The weather finally turned and the sun came out so I decided to head up to Clear Creek to do a few hours of late afternoon fishing.  I got to the water around 3pm and started around mm270  with the water low but pretty clear.  I fish a number of pools and runs with no luck before I finally get a fish in a far side pool after about a half hour of fishing.  I fish for another hour and half and land a couple more browns, each bigger than the last before I decide to try another spot upstream.




I drive to mm268.5 and try my go at a series of plunge pools stretching a few hundred feet.  I walk to the bottom of the pools and work my way up.  I get one bite right behind a boulder but no fish to hand for the first 45 minutes of fishing.  By this time it's getting late and I try one last far side pool and manage to land a little 7" brown to finish the day.

  I couldn't find a pattern to get consistent action all day, and seemed to be more of a presentation kind of day.  Most of the action I got was right after the fly landed in just the right spot, all within the first couple seconds of the drift.

Rod:  Iwana 12'
Line:  Hi-Vis Level Line 12'  #3
Flies that worked:  Parachute Adams, Royal Coachman

Comments

Popular Posts